Note: The contractor will provide the concrete, dig the hole and install the pole and backboard per the manufacturer's instructions.
- The homeowner is required by state and local ordinances to get clearance from the local utility companies to install the system, as a hole must be dug up to four feet deep and two feet across. Also, please check with your homeowners association/ local municipaleties for any required permits.
- For free line marking call (800) 282-7411, get a ticket number, and let your installer know when your lines should be marked by.
- Have the utility marking company mark 2 locations. The second location is needed in case of an unforeseen underground obstruction (i.e. rocks, shale, boulders, tree roots). If you want your goal in an area where there is an unforeseen obstruction, there will be an additional charge for this service paid directly to the technician.
- The goal installation is for a hole dug into the earth. This location needs to be clear and safe to dig. We are unable to cut back bushes, tree limbs, etc.
- Customer is responsible to have lines marked and any irrigation lines, electric dog fences or electrical lawn lighting systems moved prior to our first appointment.
- It is the customers responsibility to let the technician know if the basketball system backboard will be facing any special direction, otherwise it will be installed square with the playing surface.
- If the above requirements are not met once we arrive, we will reschedule the appointment and you will be responsible to pay directly to the technician a service call of $35.00
- The homeowner is responsible for selecting the site for the in-ground installation and is responsible for any below ground damage. The contractor will not be responsible for damage which may occur to sprinklers, plumbing, electrical cable, etc. as a result of digging.
- Customer is responsible for disposal of all packaging materials. The contractor cannot dispose of dirt removed to make the hole (the contractor will relocate the dirt to another location on your property when requested).
- Work done other than that explained may be subject to additional fees.
- It is the customers responsibility to maintain the unit per the manufacturer's instructions.